The membership of ISHAM comprises individuals from a diverse range of backgrounds, including clinicians, veterinarians, biochemists, molecular biologists, immunologists, botanists, pathologists and laboratory technologists. Its activities are governed by an elected Council, comprising a President, General Secretary, Treasurer and five Vice Presidents. The Chief Editor of the Society's journal is also a council member. The officers of ISHAM are all volunteers who recieve no payment for their services.
Why become a member of ISHAM?
- Free access to the journal “Medical Mycology”, including its back issues down to volume 1, and future papers in iFirst.
- Free Thesis service.
- Free download of David Ellis’ book on illustrated fungi.
- Regular reduced book offers.
- Regular job offers.
- Very regular ISHAM News announcing everything that is useful for our members, with a very complete International Agenda with congresses, courses and workshops.
- Unlimited membership of 23 ISHAM Working Groups with lots of networking options and regular, dedicated workshops.
- Support – also financial – when you decide to start your own Working Group.
- Free options to make publicity for your own meetings and courses via ISHAM News.
- Reduced fee for the ISHAM Congress in Berlin, 2012.
- Help with your educational activities and courses.
- Free access to a Discussion Forum, with options of exchanging data, materials and case reports.
- Free access to an area with Essential Reviews and Guidelines.
- Free access to a section with Protocols.
- If you are below 40, you may also join Young-ISHAM, where a team of young mycologists understand your problems and will help and advice you wherever needed.
Work on your career and join the international network of ISHAM!